I forgot my admin pwd to this WordPress blog, hosted on my Azure web App service. At least for my own record, here are the steps to recover:
- Use Azure portal to find the Azure App service
- Select MySQL in App option. That opens phpMyadmin view
- Open localdb->wp_users to view the Users table.
- Select the ‘admin’ user
- Use an MD5 converter to convert your new password to MD5 (e.g. MD5 Generator – calculate and check an MD5 hash online (gigacalculator.com)
- Use the generated string to replace the one in the user_pass column.
- You should be good to go!